Extra-Curricular Athletics offered at St. Matthew’s School
|Fall||Grade 2 – 7 Cross Country Running Grade 5, 6 & 7 Girls Volleyball Grade 6 & 7 Boys Volleyball|
|Winter||Grade 5, 6 & 7 Boys and Girls Basketball|
|Spring||Grade 3 – 7 Track and Field Team|
What to bring to a track meet:
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Dress in layers so that you can take clothing off if you are hot, and put clothing on if cold. Your name should be labeled on all of your clothing.
- Bring hats and sunscreen on those sunny, hot days.
- Bring 2 large plastic bags if rain is possible. One to sit on if the benches are wet, and one to put your backpack into to keep dry.
- Bring a water bottle that can be refilled - and have your name on it.
- DO NOT BRING ELECTORICS. Bring activity books, novels, homework, card games, etc. to keep busy during events.
- Bring a good, nutritious lunch and snacks. If there is a concession stand, students are not permitted until after 1:00 pm.
- Bring a good attitude, ready to compete to the best of your ability. Winning is not as important as doing your PERSONAL BEST!
What to bring to a cross country meet:
- Proper clothing. Wear layers: Gym shorts and T-shirt, sweat pant and top, jacket, hat. (name on everything!!!)
- Proper food. Bring enough food so that you will not be hungry. Also bring your water bottle (name on it)
- Cross country meets can be boring while waiting for your race, so bring something to do: book, cards, word search ... NO ELECTRONICS
- Bring 2 plastic bags: One to sit on if the ground is wet and one to put your back pack and clothes into if it rains.
- Umbrella and jacket if rain is expected. ALSO, A CHANGE OF CLOTHING FOR AFTER A RAINY CISVA MEET WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA.
What to wear to volleyball games:
- Team jersey
- Gym shorts
- Knee pads if you have them
- Bring a water bottle